The West Point Society of Philadelphia (WPSoP) Fall 2107 Leadership and Ethics Conference conducted October 2017 was outstanding; in largest part due to participation of Students and Faculty/Counselors/Teachers/Coaches/Parents.
We thank each High School, Moderators, Speakers, Valley Forge Military Academy & College (VFMA&C) and Sponsors for making this Conference possible.
This eight-hour Conference conducted by the WPSoP in partnership with VFMA&C and area University ROTC Units was attended by 91 High School Students and 26 Adults from 22 area High Schools; and was moderated by 22 ROTC Cadets from 6 area Universities.
The Conference, themed “Leading with Understanding”, explored ethical issues of Honor, Respect and Leadership as related to Student and Adult lives, other High School Students and Adults, and members of their communities.
The Conference Moderator, Key Note Speaker and Moderators enabled Students and Adults to interactively explore critical leadership and ethical issues focused to:
- Thinking critically about relevant ethical topics;
- Examining values of Honor, Respect and Leadership;
- Sharing learned values with Others;
- Preparing Individual to be Leaders of Character in their High Schools and Communities.
Please add to your calendar the Fall 2108 WPSoP L&EC tentatively scheduled for mid October 2018.
- One of the common desire expressed by students and Adults was to take back to their High Schools a Leadership and Ethics product that could be implemented by the Students. The Fall 2018 L&EC will address this outstanding suggestion by adding one Breakout Session for Students/Adults from same High Schools dedicated to developing a High School L&E Program.
- Another exciting advancement planned for next year’s Conference is to have College Students from the Williamson Free School of Trades and Mechanics by side of the ROTC Cadet Moderators.